Thursday, November 27, 2008

Truly Blessed





I knew I hadn't blogged in a long time, but I didn't think almost a month had gone by since my last post. Sometimes I feel like that our days are so routine that there is just nothing to write about, and anyway, who wants to read about our boring life? It was today, while my mom and brother entertained my children so that I could make the new header, that I realized that "boring" is not always a bad thing!

Things that I am thankful for today, in no particular order:

*my husband and his sense of humor

*my kids, who teach me so much on a daily basis

*my mom, dad and brother: the best of each!

*our health (although Sam just had surgery for a hernia, we are all healthy, which is a true blessing that I take for granted sometimes)

*that I am able to stay home with our children, and that Sam has a good job in these tough times

*friends

*sister-in-laws

There are so many more things, but it would take me too long to write them all down, so I will stop here.

We had such a fun "Turkey Day" today! Although it was just my mom, brother and the four of us, it was perfect. We had plenty of time to play and relax (we didn't even get out of our pajamas), and the food was wonderful. Of course, I missed my dad so much (he had to stay in Rome for some meetings), but it won't be long until we get to meet him in NYC!!! The countdown in on!

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Pamela and Michael Sparks said...

Great pics. They are starting to look more alike everyday. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! I hope Sam is recovering well. We'll talk soon!
Pamela

Tyne said...

Courtney, I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas. Your kids are precious- and your daughter looks just like you and your mom.

The Wests said...

I like to read about your boring life!!