Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post-Holiday Blues and Big News

I have to admit that I have a pretty good case of the post-holiday blues this year. I don't know if it is because December was so much fun, and full of so many activities, that now I am left wondering what we're going to do back in reality, or if it because of all the changes that are occurring all at once in our lives!
My dad and mom and are leaving for Rome, Italy tomorrow morning so that my dad can begin his new job with FAO. I am excited for him and this once in a lifetime opportunity, but selfishly I don't want him to leave because we are going to miss him so much. My mom will only be gone 12 days, which will feel MUCH longer, but we are not sure when we will see my dad next. We have talked about taking everyone over there in the spring, but I am just not sure it will be possible because...
After many prayers, and lots of tears, Sam has decided to take a new job with another company located in Fort Worth. It is a great opportunity for him, and he won't have to travel as much, but it means that we are having to leave our friends and family, and basically everything we know, to move. He will still have to work for two more weeks with BP (he leaves Wednesday) and then he will rotate with EOG Resources for three or four months. There is a strong possibility that he will be gone for the entire month of January! Just thinking about him being gone that long is enough to drive me a little crazy. Luckily, my mom will be home on January 12 so I can make her come and hang out with us when she gets back to College Station!

3 comments:

The Wests said...

Oh no! So sad to see you guys leave. But you will be back lots to visit family, right? I know it will be a great move for you guys though.

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

We are always here for you guys. Just call me if you need something.

Emily said...

Hate to see you go. I have 2 good friends in Ft. Worth. Both have little ones. In fact, one has a boy around Carter's age and a girl born in March...a good friend for your Ally. I'll have to get you guys connected. Let me know if you want to get together and hang out if you need a "break" while your mom is gone:)