Monday, June 30, 2008

The Zoo Adventure

This morning I woke up, got dressed, looked outside at the cloudy sky, and for some reason decided that today would be a good day to take the kids to the zoo...by myself! It was only a few months ago that I was scared to take both of them to the grocery store at the same time, and now I am making trips to the zoo!


All in all, we had a great time, even though it was just the three of us. I took the double stroller, but Carter ended up walking most of the way because it is hard for him to see the animals from the stroller. He did really well, and only got the "If you don't stay close to Mommy, we will have to go home" threat twice. He wanted to have a picnic next to the deer, which was nice because it was under a big tree and there was lots of shade. Ally did really well, too! She loves looking at all the animals and people, and she even did a good job of eating her lunch while sitting in my lap.



2 comments:

Tyne said...

Hey Courtney, the zoo looked like fun times- where are y'all living now?

The Newton's said...

I'm so proud of you for going by yourself!! I don't even know if I could do it with just Cameron! Your kiddos are too cute!