Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What We've Been Up To Lately

We took Carter and Ally swimming a couple of times while we were in College Station. The water felt great, and both kids loved going! In fact, Carter keeps asking when we can go back!
We always love spending time with Uncle Bubba. I am so happy that he loves my kids and they love him!
Carter learned how to jump off the side of the swimming pool, so as you can see, someone else wanted to do it, too! It amazes me how much Ally wants to do everything Carter does!
My mother-in-law took us the kids to the Children's Museum. It was the first time for both of them, and they both enjoyed it. Carter loved playing with the trains.
Ally and Nana playing at the Children's Museum.
Nana and Grampa Chris (Sam's parents) really wanted to take Carter out in the boat while we were in College Station. He was excited about it until Grampa Chris pushed it in the water. He wouldn't even go near it after that!I thought if we let Ally play in the boat it might inspire Carter to get in it, too. No luck!
My mom got back from Rome in the middle of July and stayed with us for two nights since she hadn't seen the kids in three weeks. We were nice and helped her recover from jet lag by taking her to the zoo in the middle of the summer!
GaGa was nice and bought Carter an ice cream while we were at the zoo. He thought it was really cool to eat ice cream while we were at the zoo. It was a good thing we convinced him to eat it inside!
While we were at the store one day I found a package of Flav-Vor-Ice. I used to love those things when I was little, and I think my kids love them, too!
Don't worry, Ally didn't eat the whole thing herself...Daddy helped.

We made a trip to College Station last week to spend some time with family and friends. It was great to go back, even though it went by too fast and we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to see. We will go back in two weeks to await the birth of Carter and Ally's cousin, Connor. We then head to Ruidoso in the middle of August for a visit with my dad, and return the first week of September just in time for Carter to start school and for Aggie football! It is hard to believe that we will be celebrating Ally's first birthday during all of this traveling...where did the time go?

0 comments: