Sunday, August 24, 2008

Too Much Fun!

We have enjoyed spending some time with my aunt DeeDee and Uncle Brad while we have been here. They live in Roswell, and we don't get to see them as much as we would like. Yesterday we had lunch with them in town, went to their beautiful condo and then they came over while the kids took a much needed nap. Today we had brunch with them at the country club. It sounds like we might get to see them in 2 weeks in Fort Worth and we can't wait!!!
My mom went to pick up my dad in El Paso last night. He flew in from Rome, and this is the first time he has seen the kids since April! I cannot even begin how to describe how excited Carter was to see him! We look forward to hanging out with him over the next two weeks!
The kids got a little antsy after brunch so we took them outside to play next to the golf course. It was beautiful, and I couldn't help taking a few pictures of my pretty girl (Carter was in meltdown mode and wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken).
Ally has turned into a monkey. All she wanted to do is climb up on this step and look out over the pond.

After naps we headed to the pool, which we thought would be really cold. However, it was actually pretty warm, even though Carter didn't think so. I didn't take Ally's suit because I thought it would be too cold for her, but she ended up swimming in just her diaper. I'm sure all the old people around thought we were great parents!
Ally can change from a monkey to a fish in no time at all!
It was getting cloudy, but I think it is a nice view anyway!
The kids were cold when we got home from swimming so I just let them put their jammies on. After dinner we all went on a walk in our jammies to look for deer and bears (my parents saw one last night when they got home from El Paso!). The last time we were here my brother and I saw two bears while we were riding the 4-wheelers...I'm not really sure what we'd do if we actually saw one while we were walking!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

So cute! I am so glad you are having a great time on your much needed trip

HaileyB said...

It sounds and looks like you are having a great time! I love the picture of Ally in her "Ally" bloomers! Have fun!

The Wests said...

That looks so beautiful and COOL!