Monday, February 9, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

My mom came up last week for a a visit, and it was so good to see her! We hadn't seen her since Christmas, and the kids were just a little happy that she came to our house!

On Thursday (the day she got here), we got a babysitter and took her to the Fort Worth Rodeo. It was fun, but I was expecting it to be a little bigger...more like Houston. Of course, spending the night watching cute cowboys can't be all that bad!

On Friday night, my mom watched the kids so that we could go eat with some of Sam's friends from work. We ate at Lonesome Dove, which is one of the famous restaurants in the Stockyards, and it was delicious! It was expensive, but definitely worth it! If you ever come to Fort Worth, and are looking for a good steak, I recommend going there!

One of my friends invited us to go to the Cross Canadian Ragweed concert on Saturday night at Billy Bob's. I have to admit, I really wasn't in the mood to go because we had stayed up late the night before, and it didn't even start until 10:30 pm, but we had a blast!!! I don't think we have been to a concert since Carter was born, and it was fun to see one of my favorite bands play at such a neat place! We had never been to Billy Bob's, but we had great seats right in the front row with all the other old people! I can't wait to go again!


Ally has Little Gym on Mondays, so Gaga got to go and watch her perform. Ally LOVES going there so much that the other moms even comment on how excited she gets! I better start saving now, because I foresee lots of gymnastics/dance classes in our future!


On Sunday, we skipped church because we wanted to take the kids to the Stock Show. We had a lot of fun looking at the animals, going to the petting zoo, etc. We introduced Carter to the Midway...big mistake! We didn't think that he would get on any of the rides because he has such a timid personality, but he fooled us and rode a few. Sam took both kids down the big slide, although I think he just used them as an excuse to go himself! We let the kids "win" a goldfish, eat junk food, and stay up way past their nap time! It was so much fun, but I'm glad that it only happens once a year!

0 comments: