Monday, February 9, 2009

The Dallas Aquarium

Last week my good friend Lauren came up here to North Texas, so I decided to be VERY, and I mean VERY, adventurous and meet her at the Dallas Aquarium. For those of you who don't know me very well, I don't like driving in big cities, especially when I don't know where I am going. You might be thinking, "you live in a big city," but everything I need is on just a few select streets, and if I have to venture off of them, I usually have a small panic attack. Anyway, everything was going fine until we missed the exit, which I still say wasn't clearly marked, and ended up in the ghetto near the Cotton Bowl. I knew this wasn't a good area to be lost in because I had been to the Cotton Bowl several times (yes, it was a long time ago when the Aggies were actually good enough to go to bowl games)! Sam had my Garmin in his work truck, so I called him at work and told him he was going to have to leave his office and come and rescue me, although I wasn't sure we would still be around by the time he got there! He did get me back on track, but I wouldn't let him get off the phone with me until I was in the parking lot with Lauren in my sight!!! It was definitely an adventure, and next time I think I will let someone else drive!

It was a really neat place to take the kids, although not stroller friendly! We had a blast with Lauren and the boys, and we are so glad that we were able to meet them there!

Agghh..it won't let me upload the pictures so I will try again later!

2 comments:

Stephanie Shoemake said...

Courtney,
Glad you made it safely. Nothing in Dallas is marked clearly. I always got turned around and missed exits, and I lived there most of my life. You get used to it. As long as you can quickly get back on the highway, you are usually safe. Hang in there! You will get used to it eventually :-)
Steph

Sam said...

Get used to Dallas? Are you referring to the place that after watching their news, Courtney wanted leave for CS that very night? Ah yes, good memories of our 1st week in Fort Worth.

Sam
(Keeping it real on the west side of I-35W where the craziest people are TCU students)