Monday, July 13, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Carter had his first swimming lesson today! The first half of the lesson was successful, and the instructor even got him to go under water! The second half was a little more traumatic (for me and him!). She wanted him to float on his back, and he wanted nothing (and I mean NOTHING) to do with that!!! I'm glad that there wasn't anyone else in the pool at the time because he was letting everyone know that he was not a happy camper! I'm hoping that tomorrow goes a little better!

I got the kids some life vests after going over to a friend's house a couple of weeks ago (she had them for her kiddos), and they have been the best $15 investment I have made all summer! Carter has so much more confidence in the water, and just last week I even got him to swim in the big pool! Ally, on the other hand, is a little fish! She loves the water, loves to float, loves to blow bubbles and loves her Cinderella pool toy I got her at Wal-Mart! I don't know how we would pass the afternoons this summer without the pool!
Carter is ready for his first lesson - shark goggles and all!
Carter going under the water - I think this is the first time he has put his entire head in the water!

Ally and Mommy had fun at swimming lessons, too!

1 comments:

Sam said...

It was all that practice in the bathtub - it is finally paying off. If only we had bigger one though - he could have practiced floating instead just blowing bubbles in it!