Monday, June 14, 2010

Survivor!!

2010 didn't start off very well for our family. After what was supposed to be a routine doctor's visit for my mom, she was diagnosed with anal cancer. Needless to say we were all shocked. However, she handled the diagnosis, chemo and radiation with a positive attitude...never complaining (even at the worst of it), never asking "why me"...just doing what she had to do to get through this detour in the road. I am proud to say that she is now a cancer survivor!!!

Dear Mom,

I admired you before this, but even more now. Thank you for showing me what perseverance is all about. Your attitude, tenacity, strength and courage are something that we can all learn from. I am proud of you in more ways than one.

Love,
Courtney

1 comments:

Erica said...

Wow, that's awesome!! I know you are so proud of her! Such a great reminder and role model for us young folks to live everyday to the fullest! Thanks for sharing! And love all the updates lately..especially the mother/son day..looked dreary but I am sure he loved it!