Wednesday, December 17, 2008

NYC Day #1

I honestly cannot begin to tell you how much fun we had on our trip to NYC! What initially started out as a "girls trip" (for me and my mom to celebrate my birthday.. and the end of my twenties), ended up being a trip my entire family was able to take together (minus the kids). It was perfect timing, since my brother will be leaving to join the military in January. We planned this trip right after we moved, so it was something that I had been looking forward to for many, many months! It was perfect, and there was not a single thing that I didn't like about it.

I think I am just going to post what we did each day, especially since there is so much to write about! It was an absolute blast, and I cannot wait until Carter and Ally are old enough for us to take them to NYC at Christmas!

Day #1:
Sam and I left the house around 10:00 am and drove to the DFW airport (after several hugs and kisses...and a few tears). We met my mom and Justin there because they had flown from College Station. We had a little time so we went to eat at Chili's, which ended up being a good decision because our flight was delayed for almost 2 hours. We also had a gate change during this time, and after arriving at the other terminal, Justin noticed there was a spa that offered 10/15/30, etc. minute massages. This is something that I would never normally do, but since we had some time to kill (and it was my first vacation in a long time), Sam, Justin and I decided to do a 15 minute massage each. I had my feet done, and the boys had their backs and necks done. It was wonderful! By the time we were finished, it was time to board! I do not really enjoy flying, but the flight went by fairly quickly because my mom had given me Twilight! I wanted to see what all the hype was about, and since I don't usually have time to read, this was a great way for me not focus on the flight. I read half the book and was hooked (and now I need to see the movie!).

When we got to the airport, we met my dad and checked into the hotel. We were all starving by this point, so we ate at the first place we saw outside of the hotel (Good-Burger). It was ok, but nothing like Chicken Oil or Koppe Bridge! After eating, I was too excited to wait until the morning, so we decided to try and find the tree at Rockefeller Center. We couldn't find it, so we decided to call it a night and get some sleep for our adventure the following day!

1 comments:

Tyne said...

Sounds like a great start to your trip... especially the massage part. I look forward to hearing more.