Thursday, December 18, 2008

NYC Day #4 & #5

Day #4: Monday:


One of my dreams has always been to stand outside at the Today Show, which is strange because I didn't even start watching it until I had Carter and stopped teaching. Anyway, I convinced Sam and my Mom to go with me at 6:15 am. Once we got there, I was totally shocked that there wasn't anyone there, and excited that we would be on the front row! However, my dreams were shattered when we rounded the corner and saw the line. We finally got in, made our way to the 2nd row on the far side, but never had our chance to be on t.v.. Tom Cruise was there that day, but we didn't see him (he came outside after we left), but we did get to see Scarlett Johannson and Samuel L. Jackson! We had to leave about 8:45 am so we could walk back to the hotel to catch the cab to the Bronx Zoo. I know they came back out after we left, and I am pretty sure they were right in front of where we were. It just means that we will have to do it again, especially since we didn't have a sign with us and didn't stand in the right place! Although a little disappointing, I am still glad that we did it! Thanks to Mom and Sam for going with me!
My Dad was invited to visit the Bronx Zoo for a behind the scenes tour, so we joined him from 10am-2:00pm that day. The zoo was amazing...250 acres! We saw lots neat animals that I have never seen anywhere else, but the coolest thing was that we saw a female gorilla in surgery in the zoo hospital. Not only did she have vets working on her, she had two famous human doctors there, too! It was just like a human having surgery, only she was a gorilla! The tour was very informative, and although I was getting to the point of exhaustion by this point, I am really glad that we had the opportunity to go!
When we made it back to Manhattan, we did some more shopping, and then Sam and I decided to take a carriage ride through Central Park.

We met everyone back at the hotel after the carriage ride, only to find out that my Dad wanted us to go eat dinner at The Bull and The Bear restaurant. It was, by far, the best meal we had on the whole trip and worth every penny! I could get used to eating like that every day, although I would also have to invest in a personal trainer!

We were all pretty worn out after dinner, so everyone decided to go back to the hotel and pack. My Dad had an early meeting the next morning, and we had a flight to catch.

Here are some more random pictures from the trip.


Day #5: Tuesday

Our experience checking in at the airport was just that...an experience. Needless to say, there were no massages this time, as we were barely at the gate in time to board our flight to DFW! Once we got there, we found out that the flight to College Station was cancelled, and there was not another one until the next day. After checking out rent cars for Mom and Justin (there weren't any), they got to come to the house and spend more time with us! Carter's school had their program that night, which they attended, then caught a ride home with my in-laws.

It was a great trip, and I am thankful to everyone for making it so special for me (Mom, Dad, Sam, Justin, Chris & Peggy). I loved getting to spend time with my family, and I can't wait to go again (hint, hint)!

4 comments:

The Newton's said...

I am so jealous!! Next time you should invite me!! Just kidding!

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Jacob and Emily said...

What a great trip! I want to go to NYC in December so badly - I keep trying to drop hints but I don't think anyone has picked up on it. Great blogs of your adventures! Sounds like y'all had so much fun. Merry Christmas!!

The Wests said...

I had so much fun reading about your trip!!! So glad you guys had a blast. I'm glad you blogged about everything so you will remember it all! Looved your ccard, by the way!

Jeremy and Lisa Roberts said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! I've been really busy and just got a chance to catch up on your blog. Carter and Ally are just so, so precious. Have a very Merry Christmas! Hope we get to meet up sometime soon. : )