Thursday, December 18, 2008

NYC Day #3

Sunday: The day started early for an 8 mile run through Central Park with my Dad. I can't say that the run itself was fun, but the scenery and the opportunity to spend time with my Dad was nice. We got back to the hotel around 8:30 am, just in time for me to have a cold shower (did I mention that our room rarely had hot water?) and get dressed to eat breakfast at Tavern on the Green. I had several friends recommend this restaurant, and I must say, it lived up to it's expectations! I will admit that my food wasn't very good, especially for the price we paid, but the atmosphere definitely lived up to all the hype! I was just sad that we didn't see any famous people.
After brunch, we decided to walk through Central Park and make our way back for some more shopping! Central Park was beautiful, and much bigger than I expected! For those of you who haven't been, there is an ice skating rink, a small zoo, several baseball fields, etc.
If you can't tell, I am just a big kid at heart, so we had to stop at the Disney Store. I think it was three levels, filled to the brim with Disney happiness! I couldn't resist getting Ally her very first princess costume while we were there!
We had tickets to the Christmas Spectacular featuring The Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall at 2:00 pm. After standing in line outside the theater for almost an hour, the show finally started and it did not disappoint! It was amazing, and all the dancers made everything look so easy! Mental note: enroll Ally in dance a.s.a.p.! I'm sad to say that I can't really remember what we did after the show: I think we just walked around some more with the other millions of people, then headed back to the hotel for a quick nap. There was a Smith & Wollensky's close to the hotel, so we decided to splurge and eat dinner there. It was good, although I do not recommend the cheesecake...very disappointing!!!
Sam and Justin headed to The Bull and the Bear bar inside the Woldorf-Astoria, while my the rest of us went for a walk...to see the tree (again). We also stopped at Saks to see the dancing snowflakes.
I met Sam and Justin at the bar for a drink, then it was off to bed to rest up for the Today show the next morning!

0 comments: