Wednesday, December 17, 2008

NYC Day #2

The adventure begins!

We woke up early, and decided to find Rockefeller Center (this time we knew which way to go). Along the way, we ran into the window display at Saks Fifth Avenue. My mom wanted to stop and admire, and after a few complaints, we got in "line" (in other words, there were just a few people there), to look. They were really neat, and I'm glad we stopped when we did because every other time we walked by them, there was a very long (as in, 50-100 people waiting)!
We kept walking and I noticed there was an American Doll store. I had heard of the store, and of course, I had read the books when I was younger, so we decided to go in and check it out! It was CRAZY! There were a million different types of dolls, matching outfits for dolls and owners, a place to eat with doll chairs on the table, any type of accessory you could imagine, and even a place where you could get your doll's hair done! I LOVED it, and I could only imagine how all the little girls that were there felt! It is on the list of things to do with Ally!
We finally got out of the doll store and made our way to Rockefeller Center and the tree! It was beautiful, but a lot smaller that I had imagined. We walked around for a bit, and I mentally made notes that the next time we were there I would go ice skating, since the line was kinda long! Ha!
Next, we stopped off at the NBC store, where I met Matt Lauer!
Next stop: red bus for a tour of the city. It was great, especially since we got to see everything and get a little history at the same time. There was a point on the tour where I looked out the window and saw a small group of Santas. For some reason, I thought it was really cool (there were about 10 of them) and I pointed them out to Sam. Little did I know what awaited us around the corner, at the Post Office!
This wasn't even half of them because the were coming from all directions! There were literally thousands of them...a sight I will never forget!

We got off at Times Square, ate a very expensive T.G.I.Fridays lunch, hit some of the cool stores (Hershey and M&Ms, to name a few), and finally walked back to the hotel to warm up and get ready for Broadway. To end the day, we saw "Chicago" on Broadway, saw the tree at night, then went to bed. It was an awesome day!

More to come tomorrow...

1 comments:

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

Looks like so much fun!