Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Patience

To say that my patience has been tested this month would be an understatement. I am trying my best to make lemonade out of my lemons, but it is a daily challenge!

Remember when I said that we bought an older, smaller house so that I could still stay home while Sam finishes his PhD? After much prayer, we decided that our current house would help us accomplish those goals for two short years as long as we did a little remodeling. We hired a contractor and were told that it would take about 10 days to do the painting, replacing the doors, putting in new counter tops, etc....and tomorrow it will be one month! I finally had Sam call the contractor today and ask him when they think they might finish, and basically his reply was,"I'm not sure." You see, he can't get in contact with the painter and thinks he may be spending a little time in jail. They have touch-ups to do on their "first" job, and we they were supposed to start painting the kitchen cabinets and kitchen yesterday. Our garage is full of their stuff, and our front porch isn't much better! I'm so frustrated, and at this point, I just want this finished!!! UGH!

This Monday started off with a phone call from Sam at 6:45 am saying his truck was not starting (he was at the gym). An entire morning, and $1000 later, we got it fixed. UGH!

For some reason, Carter has decided that this is the week he is going to give up his nap! He has already come downstairs once, and I have him sitting on this bed reading and doing puzzles for 30 minutes. We'll see how long this lasts. So much for getting anything done today! UGH!

I have been at the doctor twice in the last week due to a sinus infection. Of course, every time I go in there they think I have the flu (I probably will after having to go in there two times), but so far we think it is just a really bad sinus infection or allergies (which I've never had). I told Sam I was allergic to this house, but he still doesn't seem to think that is a good reason to move! I never go to the doctor, so having to go twice in a week, get a shot, and having to take lots of medicine is wearing me out! UGH!

Now, I know that we are extremely blessed. Don't get me wrong, I thank God every day for what we have been given and I know it could be worse! I think he is just testing my patience right now! Sometimes I wonder if He thinks I'm doing a good job.
"Everyone much be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger." (James 1:19)
Now for some quick pictures...and the reason most people read this!

Ally all dressed up for church with her "pretty"smile.


Carter and Ally on the night we went to see "Disney Playhouse Live." We had a blast, and I'm still waiting on my friend to send me some more pictures.

"Cheese!"

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lisa Roberts said...

Hey girl! Hang in there... I was laughing at all of the "UGHs" in your post, because I think I think or even say that word more than any other lately! I hope your house work is completed soon. I'm thinking of you. :)

Jessica Detten said...

So sorry to hear of your frustrations -- it is no fun to have a torn up house, especially with kids! My sister could tell you some really good horror stories about her kitchen cabinets (which they had payed for) during a remodel when her twins were about to be delivered. Hope you get well soon and those sweet kids stay well! Ally's dress in the top picture is so cute!